Friday, March 21, 2014

Follow Through Friday - # 10

This is my 10th contribution to this link up.  I just love it.  Because my week runs a little differently, I always write it on Wednesday and wait until Friday to post it.  If you haven't participated in it yet, I encourage you to give it a try.  It really is a fantastic way to plan.


FatChick2FitChick

Let's review,

Last Week:
  • Walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1 lb
  • 30-Day Water Challenge
  • Food Journal EVERYTHING and stay within my calorie limit (1565 as per Lose It)
  • TOPS CHALLENGE - No salty snacks

3 out of 5 (details below)
  • I'm still knocking it out of the park with this one.  At this point, we are only half way through the month and I am well on my way to having my required km in by the end of next week.
  • I lost 1 lb...no more, no less, but I am pleased
  • I have not been doing so well with my water challenge and intake...the reason?  Laziness!  I have failed to yet print out the check list and tape it into my book for visual reference.  I clearly need that to make it work
  • I managed to log everything, the good, the bad, the fattening...I did NOT however stay within my calorie limit.  Well, I guess I did if I lost a 1lb....that is what my weekly goal is set to on Lose It.
  • Salty snacks are usually not my calling.  I thought I did well until I remembered I had a handful of chips on the weekend.
Goals For The Week
  • Walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1 lb
  • Print out check list for the 30-Day Water Challenge until the end of October
  • Food Journal EVERYTHING and stay within my calorie limit (1559 as per Lose It)
  • TOPS CHALLENGE - No potatoes
Food

I want to try REALLY hard this week to stay under my calorie allotment.  I am not able to do that and refrain from eating back my exercise calories though...I need to exercise to give myself enough to eat.  I also have a real problem...when I have any left over calories at the end of the day...I mentally try and figure out what I can eat to use those up.  I am then driven to do so.

Exercise

I really am hooked on the treadmill.  I find myself getting on it twice on the weekends to deal with the afternoon boredom and the desire to snack.  I have also done a bit of running.  I'm not using any program, because I am not ready to commit to it yet, but I just watch the timer on the treadmill and every 5 minutes, I run for 1 minute.  It's not exhausting to the point where my legs are jello.  I have not decided if I am ready to increase it yet, because I don't want to risk injuring my foot again.  I also can tell I am getting more fit.  I can easily walk on the treadmill for a good hour and don't feel like my legs won't carry me when I get off.  I can walk up the stairs a little easier and my recovery time after is shorter.  

What are your goals for the week?  Join me in the link up!

1 comment:

  1. No Potatoes? That is crazy!
    Good job on loosing the pound. Water still is an issue for me

    ReplyDelete