Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

I appologize for being a day late with this post, but my evening last night was too busy to get this post up.

It was our groups award night last night.  For our TOPS group, it means a potluck get together and the handing out of certificates.  TOPS allows each group 2 food events a year and this is one of ours.  Then when I got home, I had to decorate 24 cupcakes for my son's end of year party.

Anyway, we weighed in a half hour earlier and I wasn't sure what to expect out of the scale.  I had a run in with some marshmallows and chips over the weekend and didn't watch myself as closley as the week previous.  AND it was super muggy and hot, so I didn't get in my long walk either.

When I jumped on the scale at home yesterday morning, it looked like I was going to be up about 2 lbs.

I again jumped on the scale at home just before I left for my meeting for reference, and it showed no change.

The official scale at TOPS showed the same.

Last week: 243.25 lbs
This week: 243.25 lbs

This just goes to show you how much the scale can fluctuate.  I certianly didn't to anything to warrent a 2 lb loss over the course of the day.  I also took this as a second start to a better week.  I blew it last week, but I was given another chance to improve and improve I will!

I earned myself some certificates last night in recognition of the past year.  It can be a bit disappointing sometimes too, because I know my behaviour this year didn't result in any losses since January and my awards show that too.

Wanna see them?

This shows I have lost at least 20 lbs since joining

This is pretty much the same recognition, but from TOPS itself

These are for the 2 months that I lost more than anyone else in the group

I am so proud of everyone in our group.  We are a great team and work well together. Our sole male member was the most successful.  Since he joined in about 2006, he has lost over 75 lbs.  I would think it's fair to say, the majority of that since January.  It has affected his health the most.  Being diabetic, he shared that when he started TOPS, he was taking about 100 units of insulin a day, he is now down to about 20-30 units a day.   Fantastic!  You can tell he is proud of his accomplishments (as he should be) and I think like most people struggling to lose weight, doesn't know how to take the compliments.  He just gives a little grin, when in reality, I bet he wants to jump up and down and say, "That's right B**ch's....I am rocking this weight loss thing!"

I want to be like that!  But only I can do that and that means I have to want it more then I do.  I have to stop making excuses and turn it around.  I say it a lot and I can only hope I mean it this time. 

Starting today, I have set a goal for myself.....10,000 steps a day.  I am going to start with that one and see how I do.

Until next time,

Amy

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success so far. You are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - it's nice to know that others recognized the fact that, well, seriously girl, you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scale fluctuations are definitely the reality of weight loss. That's why I only use it as one indicator of how I'm doing.

    Great job on your success so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your successes! You have done really well so far. Keep up the great work, I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete