Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy Blogiversary

I'm back from my little hiatus.  I needed it.  I needed time to reflect, to be encouraged by other blogs and to really just figure out where I am headed in this journey.  I havent' blogged, barely commented on the blogs I follow or go to my TOPS meeting.  It's not because I don't care or am disinterested, I just needed time.

I picked my "return" date as May 25, because it is also the 1 year anniversary of this blog.

So, to recap the reasons I started this blog. ( you can read my first post here)
I needed to do something...I needed to be more accountable for my actions (or lack of).  I needed to find a space where people would know my actual weight and not falsely cheer me on with comments like, "you will do better next week"  I need people to be honest, like saying "no wonder you are not losing...you didn't walk all week and ate like a pig"

It's almost the end of May and I have been in no-man's land.  I have lost and gained the same 3-4 pounds over and over again. While that is not a terrible thing, the alternative could be worse...it's not the progress I would like.  I have not changed clothing size or got into a steady routine with new habits.  Apparently though, it is not enough to spurn me into action.

My current weight is approximately 247 lbs, I am guessing because I have not been to TOPS in 3 weeks and my scale at home is not quite the same at the one used at my meetings
 
When I started my blog, my first posted weight was 263.50 lbs
 
That is a loss of 16.50 lbs.

That is not very impressive.

In January of this year, my weight was:  247.50 lbs. 

So I have basically lost NOTHING this year! 

NOTHING!

Amy Ruth!  Are you happy with those results?

 N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!

So, what is the plan?

  • I am back to TOPS for my weekly weigh in.  Being a productive member and team leader!   
  • I will watch what I eat and make a concerted effort to actually log my food and make sensible choices.
  • I will exercise EVERYDAY!  For at least 30 minutes!  Rain or shine!
  • I will blog at least 3 times a week.  My regular Tuesday report, my non-scale victory link up on Thursdays and my fitness re-cap on Fridays.
  • I will comment on every weight loss blog I follow every time someone makes a post.  Even if it is a simple "good job!"  I know how much is means to me that people read my blog and I like to know that people do.  Why would the bloggers I follow not feel the same way! 
  • I need to plan my meals better.  I don't plan ahead for dinner some nights and I end up grabbing something on my way home.  I also need to plan lunches better. I worry about everyone else but not me. I suffer for it by being starving when I get home and chowing down on junk.
  • I will try and get back to using my "signature" of Until Next Time, Amy. I really liked it and thought it added a personal touch

In case some of my readers are asking themselves how they can help, here are a few ideas:

  • Leave me a comment if you have read the post, even a simple happy face will do.
  • Be honest with your comments, if you see something that is not helping my cause...call me out on it.  No hard feelings...everyone is friends here and I love and value all of you.
  • Give me some blog post suggestions...what can I post about that would interest you?
  • Share my blog with others...I want to increase my following, if you follow me, I will follow you!
So there you have it....it's my anniversary and I will NOT be celebrating it with cake! 

Until next time,

Amy

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! Happy anniversary!

    My weight loss has been very similar. It is great you have a plan you are putting in place. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this excerpt is from your first blog:

    "What if making my blog “public” helped someone else with their weight struggle? If it helps motivate even one person, that is a good thing."

    Did you know we would end up meeting through our blogs?!?!? You must be some sort of future-seer!

    Your public blog has not only allowed me to find someone to share in my own struggles, but has allowed me to find someone to help with theirs, too. You, my friend, are awesome!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading some of your older posts! :)

    ReplyDelete