Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

I worked really hard again this week.  I got in lots of exercise and cut back again.

I felt really good about the scale again this week.

Last week:  245.25 lbs
This week: 244.75 lbs

A loss of .50 lbs.

It's a loss and I'm glad and it's the lowest I ever remember being in my adult life BUT, I felt like I worked hard enough to at least be down a pound.

I am chalking it up to the fact that I am full on "woman" this week and feel so bloated and "full" today.

It doesn't mean I am giving up.  I will keep plugging away.  It will be a bit of a challenge later in the week.  We are going to Niagara Falls on Sunday for a couple days and that always means days of eating out.  I will do my best to manage it and hope that loads of walking will help even things out.

Speaking of walking, let me share a little story about yesterday.

First off, if you read my 30-Day Squat Challenge post, you will recall I mentioned how I tend to jump on board BEFORE I get all the details.

Yeah....I did it again yesterday!

I got a message on Facebook yesterday afternoon, asking if I would be interested in walking with a group of women from the village around 8 pm that night.  I pretty much saw these 3 words:

WALK
WOMEN
TOGETHER 
 
Right away I responded yes.  As the day went on, I got to thinking....that the other women walking are in better shape then me and I never bothered to ask the route of their walk.  For all I knew, they were planning on some 5k hike. I would be left stranded on the side of the road with only my plastic Tupperware knife to protect me!  I told my husband to come looking for me if I wasn't home after 3 hours....he refused!

So I ventured out to meet these great ladies (all of whom I know through the daycare), wondering if I had bitten off more than I could chew.  I mean, when I walk, it's at a snail's pace.

Turns out, the route was pretty typical to mine with the exception of a big hill thrown in.  Their pace was faster than mine, but it was good because it made me push myself a bit harder to keep up.  I felt great after.  Not only accomplished because I had an awesome walk, but because I got to hang out with adult women (and no kids tagging along)

They are hoping to do this twice a week and I would love to join them as often as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your weight loss. Happy for you. :)

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is a loss!!! Keep at it this week you may see a nice drop next week since some people can put on 3-5 lbs during that time of the month in water weight!

    Good for you for getting out walking and not backing out!

    ReplyDelete