Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Confessions

This new weekly edition occurred to me as I was getting into bed last night.  I thought it would be a fun idea.

You see, the purpose of this one is not to celebrate what I have achieved over the week, but to point out where I failed.

This will be good for a couple reasons.  Firstly, it's human to fail.  We will all have some sort of tough spot throughout the week.  Thing is though....it is because of those failures that we learn to pick ourselves off, dust off and keep on trekkin.

I also thought it will be eye opening for me.  To read and write about something, at the time, I felt was so overwhelming that I couldn't find the courage to resist.  Hopefully it will help me to realize how trivial it was in the end.

So, for my first confession, I have to tell you about a new product I picked up at the grocery store.



I did my regular grocery shopping last Thursday and saw this on the shelf.  I had already put some bagels in the cart and had planned on getting some cream cheese to go with them.  Then I saw this.  It was like the chocolate Gods had shined down on me.  I couldn't resist it!  PLUS...1 Tbsp was only 50 calories.  The marketing gurus claim it is less calories than traditional hazelnut spread.  Better for you than Nutella?  Put that puppy in the basket.

So, I got home.  I put it in the fridge where it stayed until Saturday.  On Saturday I looked at it and decided that I just couldn't stomach the idea of chocolate on my bagel.  BUT, I had to know how good it tasted.  So, I stuck in my knife and sampled it.

OMG

It was like eating babies it was so good!  That little knife sample then turned into a spoon and the next thing I knew, it was Saturday night and I had eaten the whole containter.


THE

WHOLE

DAMN

THING

I have no idea how many calories were in that little dish, but way more than I needed.

Here is where it gets better.

Never in my entire life have I had Nutella.  I don't crave it or eat it like a crazy woman.  Even more, I KNEW when I bought it that I wouldn't eat it on my bagels.  My realm of reality could see that chocolate and bread don't mix.  If I had just been honest with myself, I would have said.

"Amy Ruth!  You know full well that you are buying that cream cheese with the sole intention of breaking out a spoon and eating it just as it is"

It is now officially going on the DO NOT BUY EVER list.

So, there you have it. My first installment of Sunday Confessions.  I would offer to host a Link Up, but well, I don't have enough followers AND I have no idea how to set one up.  But if you want to join me, just add your blog link in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, chocolate and bagels do go together, but only in a very thin spread. And some sea salt on top adds to the deliciousness. Secondly, thank you for the confession! We're human... today I decided my head was still too stuffy for the gym so I watched the season 3 finale of Supernatural, and broke into season 4 because I could not go to work upset! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks freakishly delicious! :) I love your idea for Sunday Confessions, I just did a little confession yesterday I believe it was. Sometimes we all just need to confess to what we did.

    Sara
    http://sbengschayearoftransformation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete