Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fitness Friday - 03/23 - 03/29

Ok, so to honest, I really don't remember much since last Friday.  I need to start keeping a running post until it's time to "make it live"
I do suspect though that if I don't really remember, then it must not have been very memorable.

The only day I do know for sure that I got some exercise was Tuesday.

I remember because I turned off my bullshit meter to do it.

So, here is the thing.  Like any good fat person, there are a million reasons why you can't exercise and you promise yourself that when "such and such of a senerio" arises, you will find it so simple to exercise.

One of those things on my list is when the kids are in school full time, I will have my day off by myself to go for a nice walk around lunch time.

This Tuesday I was off work because it was the original date for my gall bladder surgery before it got moved to Thursday.  Hayden was in school and Abby was in daycare.  I spent the morning getting laundry caught up, making banana bread and other household chores. I was comfy and didn't want to leave the house.  But I mentally smacked myself upside the head, telling myself that today was my perfect senerio.  So, I put on my running shoes and my IPod and hit the streets.  I convinced myself I would only do the small block but by the time I got to the turning point where I either go home or keep going, I decided to man up and keep going.  It only takes me about 35 minutes to do the whole loop.  It is a nice walk, with some gradual hills.  Plus I live in a perfect neighbourhood for it.  I wish I was one of those bloggers that has a nifty camera phones and snapped pictures of their out and abouts, but truthfully, I barely know how to turn on my cell phone.

So, there you have it.  My one day of excercise.

1 comment:

  1. One day is better than no days! But huzzah! for holding yourself accountable and realizing they are excuses and not valid reasons (most of the time anyway..) :) :)

    I look forward to running marathons with you some day! I might even RUN to Canada! HAH! :)

    ReplyDelete