Friday, February 1, 2013

Goodbye Dear Pants!

I think it's time I give up on my favorite pants.  You can read about my adventures with them here...seriously...it's worth clicking the link!

Now, it's not because my thunder thighs have worn a hole in them or anything like that.  It's a simple case of they are getting too big.

I am in no fear of them falling off at this point yet, but they are getting baggy and gaping at the waist.  I have 2 new pair of pants that are one size smaller, but they have not yet really made it into my regular rotation.  These old gals still make it out at least once a week.

So, I am going to just get rid of them instead of wash them again.  They no longer provide what they did for me.  If you did check out the other blog post, you will be aware of how they made me feel.  Sexy, confident and full of power.  Now, they just make me feel frumpy.

Sorry dear pants...it's time for you to hit the curb.  I would donate them, but they are a bit too worn for that, so I will cut off the buttons ('cause I'm getting older and feel I need to have a button collection) and send you to the land of rags.    It's been fun, but I can't save you for the times of "just in case I gain weight", because I won't have those moments anymore in my life.

See ya!  It's been fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hurray!!! Congratulations!!!

    (I love that you use the word "frumpy"!!)

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to be able to part with clothes!! Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so awesome when we need new clothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that they are too big! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete