Friday, October 12, 2012

The Nature Of The Bear

I came to the conclusion today....I am not a bear! 

Right now, I bet you are thinking: "DUH!!  Could have easily told you that!  You are just realizing it NOW!?!"

Perhaps I should explain.

See, it's Fall here now.  It's cold and blustery.  Mittens and toques need to be washed up and worn!

While I love the colours and smells of fall...I HATE the cold!

It also means it's time to break out the soup pot.  It's when all those yummy stews and casseroles get cooked...you know, the comfort foods.

Comfort Foods = Fatty Fatty 2 x 4

The ones not complete with thick slabs of fresh white bread, smothered in butter.  The ones that you just scoop onto your plate or bowl without much thought!  Oh man, I am making myself hungry RIGHT NOW!

It also is the start of people not wanted to get out and exercise as much.  It feels better to curl up on the couch by the fire and stay warm.

This brings me back to the bear thing! 

I am NOT a bear!

 (Thanks for the picture,  National Geographic!)

I don't need to load up on food to prep myself for hibernation.  It's not like I am going to go month's without food....I can hardly make it HOURS without food!
As my readers know,  I have been having a tough go with my foot and have gone from lots of exercise to none!  I am on day 3 of my foot feeling pretty good (touch wood!) and am hoping that by next Wednesday I can get back on the treadmill.

It's also my week to get serious again.  I read a great tip in a post of the TOPS facebook page. 

"Review your food journal and repeat a good week"

Well, since I have started this journey...I have had 1 stellar week with a loss of over 5 pounds.  I want to repeat that!

Ironically, it was also the same week that I food journalled and posted it on here. Hmm!

Me thinks I need to do it again.

Starting next Wednesday, I am going to post a food journal again each day for 6 days.  On average, I need to be under my allotted calories by about 71 calories in addition to burning about 706 calories over the week.  Who wants to join me?  Any fellow bloggers want to food journal on their blogs with me?

1 comment:

  1. Soups and stews and casseroles don't need to be fatty...Choose broth-based soup or creamy soups that don't use cream for their texture...I have enjoyed 0 pt weight watchers soup for lunch all this week...Use lean meats for casseroles and stews and cook them in the crockpot to make them tender...Baked beans and bean-based casseroles, and curries are also very healthy.

    ReplyDelete