Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

I am going to start off by addressing something I have wanted to for SO long!

It's about my readers and followers.

I love all of you!  Even more, I love the comments you leave me. It makes me feel worthy!  I appreciate that in such busy lives, someone is taking a few minutes out of their day to read about mine!  There is nothing anyone can comment that would make me so mad that I would not want to read it.  Whether it's the hard truth or supportive "rah rah rah", bring it on!

I wish there was a way to reply to your comments so that you would know!  However, I don't think that there is and if you know of one, please let me know.  But for now, please know that I really do appreciate all of your comments!

Whew!  THAT is off my shoulders!!!

So, last week I mentioned how disappointed I was getting.  My foot "injury" was getting me down.  I had finally found an exercise I was loving and now have been sitting on the sidelines for about 3 weeks now.  At this point, my foot is still no good!  My boss is great and is still trying to fix it, but right now it feels hopeless!

I wasn't looking forward to the scale one bit.  With little exercise, I knew the results wouldn't be pretty

2 weeks ago:  254.25 lbs
This week:  253.25 lbs

I was so pleased that I was done.  It just means I have to make the best of what exercise I can do and eat less...LOTS less!

This week at my meeting, we had a recipe sharing night.  I had intended to make mashed cauliflower, but didn't get that pulled off, instead I brought a weight watchers recipe that I found online for a chowder.

Summer Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder


Ingredients

Instructions

  • Pierce potato in several places with a fork; microwave on high power until tender, turning over once, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and mash.
  • Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add celery, onion, corn and red pepper; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
  • Stir bacon and milk into saucepan; stir in mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes (do not allow to boil). Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.



I think this is one even I would eat.  With 4 servings, each serving works out to about 209 calories!

It's starting to cool down, perfect weather for chowder!



3 comments:

  1. I don't always comment but I always read - I'm just plain lazy!

    I'm so happy that you're still losing! Yay you! In the past couple of weeks, I have put my money where my mouth is and I started to keep my calorie journal again and you know what? I was WAY over eating! I have been super careful and doing lots of running and I have lost over 15 lbs. It turns out I was eating about 1500 calories over what I should have been. Point of the story? While exercising is great, the key to weight loss seems to be in the kitchen and in the food. It sure did work for me - so far at least!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amyyyyyyy <3 <3 <3

    You are doing awesome! Keep it up! And don't worry about the foot, your body will tell you when you're ready! Anything you do in the meantime, just be careful and don't aggravate the injury!

    That chowder recipe looks awesome! I'm sorry you didn't get to mash cauliflower, as that was one of my favorite substitutes when I started dieting (you really can't taste the difference!).

    Looking forward to more awesome results from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chowder looks AMAZING! I am certainly going to have to try making that sometime soon. Maybe I will make it and take it down to the Jersey shore, sit on a rocking chair overlooking the beach and eat it. Yumm

    Congrats on your weight loss, it is something even if your foot is giving you issues. Try not to get too discouraged, things will get better this is just another bump in the road for you!

    ReplyDelete