Saturday, August 11, 2012

Holiday Failure!

Ok, I will just admit it right now!

The past 2 weeks have not been my best!

I have been on holidays and I think I took it a bit too literal!

I was on vacation from work....not everything else....but somehow, that memo didn't get passed on!

This past week was my worst.  I didn't watch what I ate at all, NOR did I exercise.  We went on a family vacation to Ottawa (you can read about it here) and that meant 2 days of eating out.  I don't however think that would be the root of my problem.  We only ate about twice a day there and were SO busy with museums and swimming that I suspect it evened itself out.  It was the days before and after that have been my downfall.  I finally purchased myself a scale for home and if I go with the belief that it weighs the same as the one at my meeting, I am up about 3-4 pounds! (as I hang my head in shame!)

It's amazing how fast you can get off track!  I was getting to the point where I didn't crave sweets so much, didn't feel so hungry all the time and looked forward to the treadmill.  The reverse is now the complete truth!

I wanted chocolate so bad today I ate chocolate chips! (wasn't the RIGHT chocolate, btw!)

I am looking forward to Monday.  That is the day I will be back on track for sure.  I'm back to work and my food intake will be limited to healthy options.  I even bought myself some new lunch containers, with little dividers, etc.  I will also be back on the treadmill, sweating buckets and cursing myself for the week off!

If you have fallen "off the wagon", why don't you join me on Monday and get yourself back on track!

On a side note, my garden is doing well, see?


This was last week, early in the week.  Potatoes are ready, carrots are little but still good to cook.  Tomatoes were starting and beans were just finished.

When I got home from Ottawa, this is what I got to pick:


Holy tomatoes Batman!  There are still a couple I can pick in another day or so and about 4 more just starting to turn.  To think...I am the only one that eats them too!

Until next time,

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Looks like some pasta sauce is in your future!! Or.... maybe a gazpacho?? MMMM I love gazpacho!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case.... here's my gazpacho recipe ;)

    *2 cups tomato juice
    *4 med tomatoes, peeled & chopped
    *1/2 cup chopped, seeded, peeled cucumber
    *1/3 cup chopped onion
    *1/4 cup olive oil (I usually reduce that to 1/8)
    *1 teaspoon sugar
    *1/4 cup cider vinegar
    *1 garlic clove, minced
    *1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper

    -Combine all ingredients, cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until chilled. Makes 5 cups, and 1 cup is only 146 calories! :)

    ReplyDelete