Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Summary

So, I thought I would take a few moments to do a brief summary of my week.

Monday was the start of week 3 in the Couch to 5k.  I was both dreading it and looking forward to it.

Week 3 was going to see me start running a couple 3 minute intervals.  The last 30 seconds of my last 3 minute run turned into a super speedy walk, but none the less, I kept pace.

We all know how I made out on Tuesday with the scales.  It had been a tough day diet wise, because I had been home with a sick little Abigail and ate some things I wouldn't have normally had.

On Wednesday, I woke up SICK AS A DOG!!  That flu that Miss Abby had passed right on to me.  Brian ended up coming home early from work as I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow, unless I was running for a whole other reason than for good health!

I made it to work on Thursday because I had no choice, but I didn't feel quite right until today.

From Wednesday - Friday, my calorie count was well within the allowable limits.

I still didn't feel comfortable getting on the treadmill until tonight.  Today I felt well enough to have a pecan tart, so I figured if I was well enough to eat that, I was well enough to jog.  But I didn't want to bust right out of the gate with week 3.

I had been curious as to how I would do if I put week 1 back on, so that is what I did.  Week 1 has you running for only 1 minute intervals.

You know what?  It was kind of easy!!  Mind you, I ran and walked a tad bit faster than my normal pace to challenge myself a bit more, but I wasn't so out of breath and my legs didn't feel like jello!  I never could have imagined 4 weeks ago that running 8 intervals of 1 minute spurts would be easy!  I AM SUPER SYKED!!!  I will try my week 3 again tomorrow! Can't wait!

I don't want to jinx myself....but I really like this running thing!  And I'm not too bad at it!  Who would have thunk it?!?  ME...AMY RUTH...A RUNNER!!!

So, for anyone out there who has even a TEENSY TINY bit of interest in running....download yourself a free copy of the Couch to 5K program and try it.  If I can do it at 260ish pounds...so can you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying running! I hate it! I wish I liked it more. Maybe in time I will learn to love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend.... I started the Couch to 5K tonight. Because darn it!! I needed to!

    I'm sitting with ice on my knee, but look for my blog in the next couple of hours. I think you'll like it :)

    Also- thanks for the support. It's too bad you're all the way up in Canada cuz I could sure use a coffee right about now!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete