Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Monday Alright!

Ok...so if you know me, or have read my other blog, you know that stupid stuff happens to me....A LOT!

There is this little thing you might have heard of called Murphy's Law.  Yeah, I must have ROYALLY peed off this Murphy character in a past life!  This law and I don't see eye to eye one-single-bit!

Anyway, when I was packing my lunch last night, I decided to get back on track with only taking water to drink.  It's the only way to make sure I get some in.  I only had bottled water to take, because my refillable water bottle was still at work from the last time I was on the water train!

First off, let me say...I don't like to drink water and am very picky about the water I do drink.  It has to be COLD and filtered reverse osmosis water.  Like Aquafina or the stuff I fill my 18L jug with at home.  The bottled water we have is from Costco and does not fit into my specifics for water.  But it's drinkable with some Crystal Light.

So, I packed myself 2 bottles of water and 2 Crystal Light packages.

I get to work and pull out a bottle and my favorite Crystal Light flavor (raspberry peach).  I had three choices with the bottle before I dumped in the power, because they are always too full

  1. go and dump out a glug of water
  2. drink a glug of the water
  3. go for the gusto and just dump it in anyway
Correct, I chose option 3, KNOWING it was going to be a bad idea!

Was I right or was I right!?!

I pour it in, and not just a little bit at a time either, the whole package.  Well, it doesn't start to settle very fast and is in fact starting to rise up out of the bottle.  I clamp my palm over it, hoping that will reverse the process, but nope.  Next I try to poke it in with my finger...nope, just get powder on the desk.  This is where I got really stupid.  I put my mouth over the bottle and tried to blow the powder inside.  I used my tongue to see if that worked, but when I discovered it in fact had no results, I then used my tongue to poke it in.  It was now in enough I could get the lid on and try to shake it.  Or so I thought...in fact the lid was not on tight and I had juice run down my hand.

I went to the bathroom to now go with the first option of dumping out some water.  With the water came clumps of power that I had to wash down the drain.  That made my hands and fingers all red!  Then I noticed that my teeth and tongue were red from my earlier pushing attempt!  I had to rinse my mouth out a few times to help clear that up.

In the end, I got my water flavored and enjoyable enough to drink.  But I now look like one of my kids when they have spent the day finger painting...worse actually...because finger paint washes off!

Thank goodness no one else was in at work yet.

So, how is YOUR Monday going?

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am not one to laugh at another's expense, but I did get a little chuckle knowing I'm not the only one who has had this happen!! :) :)

    As for water, I am also very finicky, and cannot drink anything else except the water from our Brita pitcher, or the Nestle Pure Life (I think that's the name..). So definitely no poking fun there!

    I hope the rest of your day went well, and wish you well on the week too!

    ReplyDelete